plcombs Asian Art | Appraisers of Chinese and Asian Art
When It's Time: Appraisals Chinese-Asian Art can be needed for a variety of reasons.
From settling an estate to making certain you're insured properly in case an accident or natural disaster strikes, having an appraisal can come in very handy. Perhaps you're just curious to know if you own or have inherited a great rarity. Regardless of the reason, it's always a good idea to know how much something is worth. Often we find people just like to have a second opinion before making a decision, it can make a big difference.
Appraisals Chinese-Asian Art
We can get it done for you. We offer written appraisals FOR:
- *Estate Settlement: Fair Market Value
- *Equitable Distributions: Fair Market Value
- Insurance: Replacement Value
- *Pre-sale Estimates: Fair Market Value
- *Charitable Gifts: Fair Market Value, If over $5,000 in total a Section B of Form 8283 must accompany the appraisal.
* Fair market value is generally the price at which property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither having to buy or sell, and both having reasonable knowledge of all the relevant facts.
Verbal Appraisals (It might be all you need)
Written appraisals are always needed for settling estates, charitable gifting, and insurance riders. However, in many cases, a more informal verbal appraisal can often be sufficient and cost a whole lot less depending the amount time needed. Verbal appraisals are particularly useful and less time-consuming when owners are contemplating a sale of one or multiple items.
Verbal appraisals by us are of course done at not charge in cases where we will be handling a sale(s) of items on your behalf.
Regardless of what your needs are, we'll be happy to talk with about it. So give us a call when you think might need our advice and assistance.